WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW...
RATES ARE QUOTED
- Inclusive of VAT
- In South African Rands
- Subject to availability
All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice.
However, rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
- Luxury accommodation
- Three meals daily
- Tea / Coffee
- Two game drives per day with refreshments
- Optional walking safaris
- Children’s program
- All beverages
- Gate entrance fees and tourism levies
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Additional activities
- Wellness treatments
- Laundry Service
- Conservations fee
(From 01/08/2017 – R150.00 per person per day and R75.00 per child per day)
- Direct Bookings:
A deposit of 25% of the total accommodation charge is required to confirm a provisional reservation and full payment is required 4 weeks prior to arrival. Tour-operators are required to prepay in full 4 weeks prior to arrival, unless otherwise arranged. There is a 5% surcharge on credit card payments for commissionable bookings. Extras may be settled in camp. We accept all credit cards except Travellers Cheques.
- Group Reservations:
Tuningi (Pty) Ltd. reserves the right to cancel or release any provisional bookings, should the reservations department require the accommodation that is being held, by the group for the same dates required we request an immediate 25% non-refundable deposit. Bookings can only be secured and guaranteed in writing once an immediate 25% non-refundable deposit has been paid to secure reservations.
- Four weeks before arrival: 50% of full amount
- Two weeks before arrival: 75% of full amount
- One week before arrival: 100% of full amount
- Children of all ages are welcome at the Lodge
- Children ages 0-11 years can share a room with their parents.
- Children sharing a suite with 2 full paying guests will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate.
WHAT TO TAKE
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Cameras and binoculars
- Light, neutral-coloured clothing
- Swimming costume
- Warm jackets are essential in winter (May - Oct)
- Guests may arrive any time from 13h00.
- Rooms are to be vacated by 11h00.
HOW TO GET TO THERE
- Self-drive (4½ hours from Johannesburg).
- Helicopter transfer directly into Tuningi.
- Fly Federal Airlines daily to the reserve.
- Flight transfer or private charter directly into Madikwe airstrip.
- Road transfers available from any airport to the lodge.
By Federal Airlines
By Private Aircraft:
Madikwe Western Airstrip
- Co-Ordinates S-24° 49‘ 4“ E26° 13‘ 4“
- Length 1400 meters
- Elevation 3800
- Heading 08/26
- Surface Gravel
- Co-Ordinates S-24° 46‘ 62“ E26° 12‘ 67“