From Humble Beginnings...
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve was founded in 1949, following a decision by early landowners to transform it from winter hunting concessions. Since 1962, its role has transformed into a commercial photographic safari conservancy, and the Sabi Sands has become famous for its variety of world-renowned private lodges, with service and accommodation of impeccable standards.
Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve opened in March 1998, on the Ululapa Farm, which has been in the Kruger Family since 1983, and is the brainchild of the Kruger family and Jack Brotherton, still the present owners.
Leopard Hills forms part of the western sector of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, with over 10 000 hectares of traversing. Included is access to the perennial Sand River to the north and the Savannah plains to the south.
Initially built with five suites, over time private plunge pools have been added, along with a library, three more suites, a traditional Shangaan boma, gym and treatment sala; creating a five star lodge with the finest amenities.
In 2003 Leopard Hills formed a school on the premises, providing the children of managers and staff throughout the Sabi Sand Reserve with the opportunity of an education matching the high standards of top South African schools and colleges.